midiaudio logo

bugnu irashinejimas???

karolis (IP Logged)
March 01, 2002 11:29AM

1. Kas turit kokiu minciu apie bugnu rashyma. Mikru pozicijos, kampai, bugnu demferavimas ir t.t., turint 4 micrus ish kuriu du placiajuosciai kondikai "Oktava mk-219" ir du dinaminiai shure'ai.

2. Ar verta irashinejant naudoti EQ, ar "pliekti" niekuo neapdirbta garsa, ir po to ieshkoti???

karolis
Re: bugnu irashinejimas???
Issproges (IP Logged)
March 03, 2002 02:07AM

Kaip isivaizduoju, dinaminius shurus naudoji soliniui ir katilui, o placiajuoscius kondikus - kaip overhead/room mic'us. Turetu praverst:

Attack Time In Drums & Multiple Microphone Blurring
The attack of a drum hit is established in the first 2-3 milliseconds of the generated sound wave. This means that when a drum is picked up by multiple microphones that are spaced apart by more than 2 milliseconds, the attack becomes "blurred" (less definite). Thus leakage of the snare into cymbal and tom microphones more than 2 feet away will lessen the snare attack. This same problem would occur for all of the drum kit instruments.

Putting The Drums In Time
Sound travels at 1130 feet per second. Thus it takes about 9/10 of a millisecond for sound to travel a one foot distance. Recording engineers conveniently round this off to the timing formula of 1 ms = 1 foot.

When you put all of the microphones in time with each other, the attack of the drums is astoundingly better. Ben Blau, an RID instructor, first introduced this idea some 8 years ago when he was managing one of our recording studios. I had been using delay to compensate for spaced microphones on guitars but had never tried it on the relatively small time differences of the microphones on a drum kit. I expected somewhat of a difference when Ben explained his idea to me but I was unprepared for how much of a difference it made.
To put all of the microphones in time with each other you select a "focal point" say 6 feet from the floor over the drums. This could be a place that you used X-Y microphones as overheads, but you use this focal point even if you don't have overhead microphones there. You measure (or estimate) the distance of each microphone to the focal point and then delay each microphone by that amount using the formula of 1 ms = 1 foot.

APPROXIMATE DELAY TIMES TO FOCAL POINT

FOOT DRUM
5.0 milliseconds

SNARE DRUM
4.0 Milliseconds

LOWER TOMS
4.0 Milliseconds

UPPER TOMS
3.5 Milliseconds

HIGH HAT
3.5 Milliseconds

OH CYMBALS 2.0 Milliseconds
Arvydas (IP Logged)
March 07, 2002 11:53PM

U2 geriausi albumai itaryti su trim mikrais,- buvo geras straipsnis MIX zunale apie tai. Backa,Koja, Overheadas. Jie mono bugnu salininkai turi savo teorija,- labai ilga, bet kazkas tame yra nes skamba. Taigi su 4 galima gerai rasyti ,bet manau pacio beda kojinis mikras , nes su paprastu dinaminiu shure 57 AR 58 NIEKO GERO NEISEIS. Ta jau esame isbande pries daug metu TAMSTOJE kai neturejome backinio. Pastacius bet koki dinamini kojini mikra problemos issispres. Aisku jei bugnai bus gerai suderinti ir sudemferuoti. Paskutini savo irasa rasant ir suvedant visai nenaudojau tembru nei rasant nei suvedant, o daugiau laiko praleidau suderinant bugnu skambejima ir parenkant geras lekstes. Ir likau visai patenkintas. Grupe taip pat. Rezultata galesite isgirsti Varniu blues 10-mecio albume (grupe OK). Vienintele tembro rankenele buvo aukstu nuemimas (-2 db) vokalistui kad nelystu ssss . Per suvedima irasa praleidau per analogini lempini eksaideri ir limiteri ir viskas.
karolis (IP Logged)
March 12, 2002 11:09AM

stai ka perskaiciau vienam forume:

.....Have actually tried this myself, it having been explained to me by a producer I was engineering for. We used 3 x Coles 4038 ribbon mics. One was about four feet in front of the bass drum aimed at the top of the kik and bottom of the sanre height. The second was approx two to three feet off to the side of snare and hihats at about thir height and slightly behind the drummer. And the third was set up as a mono overhead more to the drummers right hand side. Reliably informed this was glyn johns method but don't hold it against me if I'm in any wrong. Good luck, sounding great when we did it either ways. Have since had succesful results with different mics and playing around with positioning....

kaip manot???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.